Whistle Blower Policy
The Government of India Resolution on Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informer was brought to the notice of all the employees. The salient features of the Government Resolution are adopted and the following “Whistle Blower Policy” is formulated for IIFC (UK).
Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) is the authorized “Designated Agency” to receive written complaints for disclosure on any allegation of corruption or misuse of office.
- The Commission will keep the identity of the complainant secret.
- The complaint should be in a closed / secured envelope.
- The envelope should be addressed to Secretary, CVC and should be superscribed “Complaint under the Public Interest Disclosure”. If the envelope is not superscribed and closed, it will not be possible for the Commission to protect the complainant and the complaint will be dealt with as per the normal complaint policy of the commission. The complainant should give his / her name and address at the beginning or end of complaint or in an attached letter.
- Commission will not entertain anonymous / pseudonymous complaints.
- The text of the complaint should be carefully drafted so as not to give any details or clue as to his / her identity. However, the details of the complaint should be specific and verifiable.
- In order to protect identity of the person, Commission will not issue any
acknowledgement and the whistle-blowers are advised not to enter into any further correspondence with the Commission in their own interest. The Commission assures that, subject to the facts of the case being verifiable; it will take the necessary action, as provided under the Government of India Resolution.
The Commission can also take action against complainants making motivated / vexatious complaints. In addition to the above complaint mechanism, IIFC (UK) employees, borrowers or persons having any information on any issue which could be detrimental to the interest of the organization have the following rights:-
a. They can approach the Managing Director or the Chief Vigilance Officer, IIFCL in this regard.
b. They have the right of access to the Risk Management Committee.
c. The identity of the employee will be kept secret.
d. The procedure as at Sl. No.4 above prescribed in the CVC‟s Circular should be adhered to. Such employee / person will be given the protection from unfair treatment and other prejudicial employment practices, if the complaint is not false or motivated / vexatious. The intention of this Policy is to encourage honest and upright persons to assist the organization in bringing full transparency and checking malpractices in its operations.
London EC4N 7HR United Kingdom
Telephone & Email
General: +44-20-7776 8950
Fax: +44-20-7776 8958
Phone: +44-20-7776 8951
Phone: +44-20-7776 8954/55